WEC India Energy Portal
One Stop Energy Resource Center
The menu for Global Scenarios has been enabled. Comparison of Scenarios of IEA, EIA and WEC is presented for Primary Energy Consumption, Electricity Generation and Co2 Emissions.
- Finance Ministry seeks details on coal availability for power sector
FinMin sought info from power and coal ministries on fuel availability for existing and future power plants, a move aimed at facilitating banks in lending to the stressed sectors.
- CBI, ED submit status reports on coal scam probe
Investigation against 26 central and 75 state public sector units pending
- Coal scam: Vijay Darda, 3 others summoned
CBI informed the court that it had done correction in the list of documents filed along with the charge sheet
- Oil and Natural Gas Corp to spend $1.1 billion on drilling to revive Mumbai High fields
ONGC plans to drill a record 130 wells at its prime Mumbai High oil and gas fields in a bid to rejuvenate the ageing reservoir in the Arabian Sea.
- Power consumers in Haryana to get better power supply
The Haryana Power Purchase Centre (HPPC) has made adequate arrangements of power supply during the ongoing summer and forthcoming paddy season.
- Coal imports see first dip in three months in April
India’s coal imports fell 6 percent in April from a year ago to 15.2 million tonnes, the first dip in three months, as power and steel producers used up stocks piled up in previous months, according to provisional data from research firm OreTeam.
- CIL modifies fuel supply agreement model for new power plants
New private power plants can amend or supplement PPA more than once a year
- Oil and Natural Gas Corp’s Mozambique gas field holds 50-70 trillion cubic feet of recoverable reserves: Report
ONGC giant gas field in Mozambique holds 50 to 70 Tcf of recoverable reserves, 43% more than the minimum estimated resources, says a report.
- CERC seeks details of IPO benefits from RPower
CERC has asked Reliance Power to elucidate the benefits reaped by the company from its IPO which came out in February 2008.
- NTPC can cut power to Delhi distributor if not paid: SC
The court ordered BSES to pay state-run NTPC the Rs700 crore it is owed by 31 May
- Reliance Industries seeks joint tech studies to resolve gas dispute with Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
Sources said Dinesh K Sarraf had briefed the company board on March 24 about the likelihood of RIL drawing gas from ONGC’s G-4 and KG-DWN-98/2 blocks.
- Suzlon bags Rs 720-crore PowerWorks order for wind turbine generators
Suzlon’s US-based subsidiary, Suzlon Wind Energy Corp (SWECO), has forged an agreement with PowerWorks to supply up to 98.7 MW of wind turbines.
- Odisha drops corpus fund plan for rebuilding power infra after disasters
State government had initially planned to raise fund from power distribution companies
- Panel meet on coal supply to end-use plants now on May 12
An inter-ministerial panel to look into issues pertaining to coal supply to end-use plants like steel and cement will now meet on May 12
- CoalMin makes amendments in bidding document on 3 coal blocks
Development follows the bidders raising concerns on various issues with regard to the mines put up for sale
- US crude inventories climb to highest level in 83 years
Production climbs to the most in 26 years
- Tarapur Atomic Power Station generated 28 pct of India’s atomic power in 2013-14
The total nuclear power generated in the country in the year under review was 35,333 MUs.
- A clarification on why CERC’s compensation to Tata, Adani for high coal prices sets dangerous precedents
This is with reference to inaccuracies in “Why CERC’s compensation to Tata, Adani for high coal prices sets dangerous precedents and dents competition’” published in ET Magazine, dated March 2, 2014.
- Power generation suspended from second unit of Vallur plant
Power generation has been suspended due to shortage of coal
For more information Contact – WEC India Secretariat, C/o NTPC Limited, 7th Floor, Core-6, SCOPE Complex, New Delhi-110 003, India
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 011-2436 3719, Fax: 011-2436 9530, Website: http://www.wecindia.in
If you find the content useful, may we request you to kindly share “Energy News” with people you know.