- Dumping duty on imported cells to double solar power costs
Solar power costs could now double, after falling steeply in the past few years, if the government goes ahead and imposes dumping duty on imported solar cells.
- BPCL plans office in Singapore to boost crude oil trading
Singapore office would facilitate crude procurement, trade in energy derivatives, international financing and other joint ventures in future
- Power crisis hits UP industries
State facing energy deficit of over 924 mn units or nearly 11.2%
- Oil and Natural Gas Corp pays Rs 272,721 crore in fuel subsidy
State-owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC) has paid a whopping Rs 272,721 crore in fuel subsidy over the past 11 years, denting its profitability.
- IMG to meet next week to review bank guarantees of 61 coal blocks
The inter-ministerial group on coal blocks is likely to meet next week on the issue of bank guarantees related to 61 mines allocated to companies such as ArcelorMittal, Tata Steel and Jindal Steel and Power.
- Narendra Modi faces battle with states to fix power crisis
Two years after one of the world’s biggest blackouts, India still suffers from frequent cuts that undermine efforts to revive the third-largest economy in Asia.
- Jaypee Power Ventures, Lanco Infratech, GMR Infrastructure, others queue up to sell power assets to NTPC
Lanco, which has coal-fired power plants with a capacity of about 3,000 MW, had publicly stated its intention to sell some assets.
- Tata Power commissions 25MW solar farm in Maharashtra
“We are delighted to announce the commissioning of yet another large solar project of 25MW,” said Anil Sardana, MD at Tata Power.
- Soaring heat pushes up spot power prices
The average price of power in the spot market traded for day-ahead delivery was constrained under Rs 3.5 a unit
- Coal India misses production target in April-May 14
CIL reported provisional coal production of 36.27 million tonnes for May, falling short by 6% from the target of 38.56 million tonnes
- Power cuts may cause 40% dip in industrial production: Assocham
Power cuts in the northern, southern and western regions have forced industrial units to curtail their industrial production by about 30% in April-May 2014
- Power and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal to meet Narendra Modi; to set priorities for power sector
“(I) will be meeting the Prime Minister on the agenda to be set (for the sector) today evening,” Goyal told reporters here.
- Power deficit doubles in May to 7,000 MW; 20K MW of new thermal capacity still lying idle
At the power exchanges, where power is traded, prices of one unit of power have doubled from Rs 2 per unit to nearly Rs 4 per unit in the last few days.
- Empowering bureaucrats is not the sign of an autocrat: Anand Mahindra, Chairman M&M
The govt is also seeking to put in place a method of measuring the progress that it is making through an agenda for 100 days, Mahindra said.
- Uttar Pradesh counters central government over power supply situation
UP’s power utility countered central govt’s criticism over short supply of electricity when most parts of the state are under heat wave.
- An uneasy share of power
Statehood would have spelt a disaster for Telangana had it not been insulated from its low electricity generation capacity.The existing power purchase agreements among Andhra Pradesh’s four distribution companies with government-owned and private …
- Power crunch in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh: A test for PM Narendra Modi
Can Narendra Modi, in power for less than a week, live up to reputation for providing reliable services?