WEC India Energy Portal
One Stop Energy Resource Center
Energy Journal April 2014 Released
With Focus on ‘Energy Access’ this edition shares some sustainable rural energy access projects and WEC India own engagement in this priority domain. We share glimpses of some of the recent discussions under the ‘WEC India Dialogue Series’. We bring highlights of 22nd World Energy Congress held in Daegu as well.
- Rupee at one-month low as crude spikes on Iraq
It is trading at 59.47, after hitting 59.49, its lowest since May 15
- Rooftop solar power generation projects to ease Delhi’s power burden
Delhi could reduce burden of electricity bills if a study carried out by Tata Power Delhi Distribution finds rooftop solar power generation projects feasible.
- Power supply gets better as Delhi cools
Peak power demand in Delhi came down by 217 MW from 5,470 MW—the highest this season—on Wednesday.
- Data suggests no shortage in power supply in Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan
In fact, in the last few days, peak shortage in Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan was zero – meaning there was not shortfall during the evening peak period.
- Government puts coal connectivity projects on fast track; aims enhanced power generation
Officials said that the railways would help transport over 300 million tonnes of coal and could also add Rs 10,000 crore to its top line.
- By 2016, UP villages will have 18-hour and cities 24-hour power: Akhilesh Yadav
Interview with Chief minister, Uttar Pradesh
- Delhi government to take 10 more days to normalise power supply
Long power outages continued to haunt Delhites for the 14th day even as Delhi Govt announced that it will take at least 10 more days to restore it.
- Lack of coal forces Lanco to shut Udupi power plant
Karnataka Energy Minister D K Shivakumar told that all bills have been paid to the firm and that the state had even given Rs 300 crore in advance.
- Coal quality, price discussed with Power Minister: Gujarat govt
Pending coal issues were discussed in the meeting, says Gujarat Energy Minister
- Jaya inaugurates power projects worth Rs 394 crore
The projects were aimed at preventing loss of energy from the transmission grid and to reduce electricity maintenance charges
- Railways to fast track three coal connectivity lines
These lines in the states of Jharkhand, Orrisa and Chattisgarh have been stuck for land acquisition and environment issues
- Nuclear liabity: Russians seek risk reinsurance for Kudankulam 3 and 4
The final resolution of the vexed issue of India’s nuclear liability law applying on the Kudankulam units 3 and 4 in Tamil Nadu state hinges on the reinsurance of the risk, according to the Russian builders of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project.
- Ministry promises to resolve Delhi power crisis in a fortnight
NTPC, BHEL, GAIL, DMRC, Powergrid roped in for emergency repair
- Gadkari opposes move to levy anti-dumping duty on imported solar cells
The BJP leader has business interest in bio-mass based power generation and sugar industry
- Delhi power crisis: Congress accuses Piyush Goyal of ‘passing the buck’
Power minister warns of more blackouts; says outdated power grids can’t cope with extra electricity needed to meet demand
- Govt may privatize mining, sale of coal
India currently allows private companies to mine coal only for captive use, barring them from selling the fuel in the open market
- Why is it so hard to act on man-made global warming?
The real obstacle, as we try to confront and combat global warming, is economic ideology reinforced by hostility to science.
- India likely to see over 5% power shortage this fiscal
The southern and north-eastern regions are anticipated to witness high deficits
- Unit one of Kudankulam nuclear plant reaches full capacity
Work was completed on the 1,000MW first unit last year, the second 1,000MW reactor is expected to be brought into service by mid-2014
For more information Contact – WEC India Secretariat, C/o NTPC Limited, 7th Floor, Core-6, SCOPE Complex, New Delhi-110 003, India
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 011-2436 3719, Fax: 011-2436 9530, Website: http://www.wecindia.in
If you find the content useful, may we request you to kindly share “Energy News” with people you know. Energy news group can be joined by visitinghttps://groups.google.com/d/forum/wecimc-energy-news?hl=und and joining the group after signing in to gmail account. For any other email service, please write to us at email@example.com — You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “WEC India Energy News – India Group” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To post to this group, send email to email@example.com. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/india-wecindia. To view this discussion on the web visithttps://groups.google.com/d/msgid/india-wecindia/CADjpkLkAZCgsQj77nXAJ7AQoOnfu45pxT-F64g_6BYn8R55wpg%40mail.gmail.com. For more options, visithttps://groups.google.com/d/optout.