14th LONDON GLOBAL CONVENTION
CORPORATE GOVERNANCE & SUSTAINABILITY
Global Business Meet
Presentation of Golden Peacock Awards
28 – 31 October, 2014, London
Dear Professional Colleague,
Suddenly ‘India‘ has become the new focus of global economy, while it is close to becoming the third largest global economy in the world. Developing world-class infrastructure, Global Manufacturing Hub and creating digital smart cities are prime targets of our Government as the new engines of economic growth. “Make in India” – with commitment of smart single window governance is the invitation to all by our Hon’ble Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi.
With 800 million people under the age of 35, we are a nation ready for rapid and responsible economic development. The energy, enthusiasm and enterprise of Gen Y are India’s greatest strength for competing in the world market.
In the midst of the above push for Indian Economic Transformation, Institute Of Directors (IOD), India celebrates its Silver Jubilee year and is hosting the annual ‘14th London Global Convention on Corporate Governance & Sustainability’, on 28 – 31 October 2014 in London.
I am delighted to invite you to join in this annual Global Convention, which brings together experts and leaders from all over the world. It will focus on global trends in Corporate Governance, Sustainability, CSR and Boardroom governance initiatives. The theme of the Convention is “Boards To Lead: Effective Corporate Governance & Sustainability”. Convention brochure is enclosed. Details are also available on our website www.iodonline.com .
Since seats are limited, we would request for early registration. To register on line, you could log on tohttp://www.iodonline.com/london-global-convention-2014.html
If you have already responded, please ignore this letter and you may like to forward this to someone you know would be interested.
A large number of industries are participating in this global event and apart from our sponsors and partners , others include Marks & Spencer Group plc , Dubai Customs, Old Mutual Group (UK), DuPont, PwC, Accenture, KPMG, MTN Group, South Africa, The Walt Disney Co, USA, AXA Group, Merck& Co, USA, Zurick Insurance , Centrica Plc, EDF , Portugal, Cummins Inc , USA, VISA Inc, The Savola Group (Saudi Arabia), IRPC (Thailand), IBM, ONGC, Barclays Bank PLC , All India Management Association, Aditya Birla Group, Lloyds Banking Group (UK), RWE npower, GVK Mumbai International Airport, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, HPCL , HCL, Lafarge, The New India Assurance Co. Ltd , GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare¸ Coca-Cola, Tata Housing Development Company , Citibank, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd , Doha Bank (Qatar), GIIS (Singapore), Sify Technologies Ltd , Canara Bank, YES Bank, State Bank of India, Tech Mahindra, JCB, National Buildings Construction Corporation Ltd , Larsen and Toubro Limited , NTPC, Jubilant Organosys, Anand Group , and so on.
This is an UNMISSABLE LONDON event, now it’s in 14th year with 14 PREMIUM BENEFITS .
- A unique international forum to discuss latest issues concerning corporate governance, sustainability, CSR & boardroom governance.
- Network with global peers and professionals, which is being attended by over top 100 organisations and 250 leaders from across the globe.
- An opportunity to listen to global thought-leaders, as well as experienced best performers.
- An entry Invitation for Global Business Meet & Lunch at House of Lords- UK Parliament on 28th Oct.
- Invitation for Welcome Reception and a Special session on ‘ Integrated Reporting- An emerging Global Trend’ atAccountants Hall of ICAEW, on 28th evening (hosted by ICAEW).
- Invitation for Inaugural session & networking Lunch on 29th Oct, at Millennium Mayfair Hotel, London.
- Invitation for the most prestigious GOLDEN PEACOCK AWARDS Nite and Banquet on 29th Oct.
- Invitation for Networking Global businesses & Lunch on 30th Oct.
- Complimentary coach Seat for the Study Tour to the City of Leicester on 31 October. It also includes visit to University of Leicester and Europe’s leading National Space Research Centre, networking with top local businesses apart from lunch & refreshments on 31st Oct (hosted by the University of Leicester).
- Special presentations from European Commission & Peterborough on delivering true ‘Smart Cities’ for economic growth and business sustainability.
- Significant academic contributions from the HEADS of ICAEW, ACCA, ICSI, ICAI, ICSA, CSAI, CCAB, Greenwich University, Aston University , Leicester University, Amity University & Dean, London Business School. Also a special address by the Chairman of Financial Conduct Authority- Financial Regulatory body in UK
- Special panel discussion on ‘ The emerging Role of Company Secretaries’ , moderated and chaired by Prof Andrew Kakabadse, Prof of International Development, Cranfield University (also world’s top 50 business thinkers), who led a global research recently on this subject. Company Secretary Professionals of India (ICSI) are entitled to claim 8 (Eight) Programme Credit Hours.
- Cost Management professionals of India (ICAI), a partner for the International Conference, entitles all its participants 10 (Ten) Programme Credit Hours.
- Conference Kit with Convention Souvenir, Proceedings covering all presentation papers and Winners’ Digest covering major Governance Sustainability & Innovation initiatives of Golden Peacock Award winner organizations for the year 2014.
The Rt. Hon. Baroness Sandip Verma, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, Ministry for Energy & Climate Change, UK Govt is the Chairperson of the Global Steering Committee for this event. The confirmed Distinguished Speakers include:-
- Rt Hon Shailesh Vara MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice, Govt of UK
- H.E. Ranjan Mathai, High Commissioner of India to UK
- John Griffith-Jones, Chairman, Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), UK
- Professor Sir Andrew Likierman, Dean, London Business School(LBS),UK
- Rt Hon Lord Swraj Paul, PC, Chairman, Caparo Group Plc , UK
- Rt Hon Patricia Hewitt, Chair, UK India Business Council (UKIBC)
- Rt Hon Alok Sharma, Member Parliament for Reading West, House of Commons, UK
- Lord Karan Bilimoria, CBE, DL , Founder, Cobra Beer & Chairman Cobra Beer Partnership Ltd, UK
- Jessica Fries, Executive Chairman, The Prince’s Accounting for Sustainability Project (A4S)
- Simon Osborne FCIS, Chief Executive, The Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA), UK
- Helen Brand OBE, Chief Executive, ACCA
- Vindi Banga, Sr. Partner, Clayton Dubilier & Rice and Ex. Chairman, Hindustan Uniliver, UK
- Dr. A S Durga Prasad, President, The Institute of Cost Accountants of India
- Andrew Ratcliffe, Deputy- President, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of England & Wales (ICAEW) & Sr Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Dr. R. Seetharaman, Group Chief Executive Officer, Doha Bank, Qatar
- Dr. Santrupt Misra, CEO, Carbon Black Business and Director, Group HR, Aditya Birla Group
- Roshni Nadar, Executive Director and the CEO of HCL Corporation Trustee, Shiv Nadar Foundation
- R. Sridharan, President, The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Prof Andrew P Kakabadse, Professor of Governance and Leadership, Henley Business School, The University of Reading
- Maxine Mawhinney, BBC TV News Anchor & Presenter, UK and so on.
There are many ways to contribute, support and benefit from this Convention:-
- Raising brand profile, as a Sponsor of the event.
- Showcasing of your products / services, through advertisements in the Conference Souvenir
- Nominating your officers as delegates to update themselves on current Corporate Governance, Sustainability, CSR and Boardroom initiatives, apart from the unparalleled networking opportunities.
I look forward to welcoming you at the event.
With best wishes,
Manoj K Raut
CEO & Director
INSTITUTE OF DIRECTORS
M-52 (Market), Greater Kailash Part-II
New Delhi – 110048, India
Board Nos. : +91-11- 41636294, 41636717, 41008704, Fax : +91-11-41008705