None of these 50 Quotes of Swami Vivekananda approve of any Cheating,
Scam, Fraud, Dishonest Acquisition of Wealth, Exploitation of others,
Corruption, Bribes in India.
51.] Learn from Good Leaders, Respect Seniors, Don’t Create Troubles
& Mischief, Create Intellectual Property, Inventors Led Industries,
Share Wealth & Knowledge.
50 Inspiring Motivational Quotes, Utterances of Swami Vivekananda
1) All the powers in the universe are already ours. It is we who have
put our hands before our eyes and cry that it is dark.
2) Arise, awake, sleep no more; within each of you there is the power
to remove all wants and all miseries. Believe this, and that power
will be manifested.
3) Be free; hope for nothing from anyone. I am sure if you look back
upon your lives you will find that you were always vainly trying to
get help from others which never came.
4) Be not afraid, for all great power throughout the history of
humanity has been with the people. From out of their ranks have come
all the greatest geniuses of the world, and history can only repeat
itself. Be not afraid of anything. You will do marvellous work.
5) Be not in despair; the way is very difficult, like walking on the
edge of a razor; yet despair not, arise, awake, and fine the ideal,
6) Be strong, my young friends; that is my advice to you. You will be
nearer to Heaven through football than through the study of the Gita.
These are bold words; but I have to say them, for I love you. I know
where the shoe pinches.
7) Calm and silent and steady work, and no newspaper humbug, no
name-making, you must always remember.
8) Come out into the universe of Light. Everything in the universe is
yours, stretch out your arms and embrace it with love. If you every
felt you wanted to do that, you have felt God.
9) Cowards only sin, brave men never, no, not even in mind.
10) Do not be afraid of a small beginning great things come
afterwards. Be courageous. Do not try to lead your brethren, but serve
them. The brutal mania for leading has sunk many a great ships in the
waters of life. Take care especially of that, i.e. be unselfish even
unto death, and work.
11) Do not figure out big plans at first, but, begin slowly, feel your
ground and proceed up and up.
12) Do not wait for anybody or anything. Do whatever you can. Build
your hope on none.
13) Go on bravely. Do not expect success in a day or a year. Always
hold on to the highest. Be steady. Avoid jealousy and selfishness. Be
obedient and eternally faithful to the cause of truth, humanity, and
your country, and you will move the world.
14) Have faith in yourselves, and stand up on that faith and be
strong; that is what we need.
15) Hold on to your ideals… .Above all, never attempt to guide or
rule others, or, as the Yankees say, ‘boss’ others. Be the servant of
16) I hate cowardice; I will have nothing to do with cowards or
political nonsense. I do not believe in any politics. God and truth
are the only politics in the world, everything else is trash.
17) I want each one of my children to be a hundred times greater than
I could ever be. Everyone of you must be a giant— must, that is my
word. Obedience, readiness, and love for the cause— if you have these
three, nothing can hold you back.
18) If you are really my children, you will fear nothing, stop at
nothing. You will be like lions. We must rouse India and the whole
world. No cowardice. I will take no nay. Do you understand?
19) If you can think that infinite power, infinite knowledge and
indomitable energy lie within you, and if you can bring out that
power, you also can become like me.
20) Infinite patience, infinite purity, and infinite perseverance are
the secret of success in a good cause.
21) It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for
us. Our thought make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly.
The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper
light. First, believe in this world, that.
22) Know that every time you feel weak, you not only hurt yourself but
also the cause. Infinite faith and strength are the only conditions of
23) Let people say whatever they like, stick to your own convictions,
and rest assured, the world will be at your feet. They say, ‘Have
faith in this fellow or that fellow’, but, I say, ‘Have faith in
yourself first’. that’s the way.
24) Man is born to conquer nature and not to follow it.
25) Man never dies, nor is he ever born; bodies die, but he never dies.
26) Neither numbers nor powers nor wealth nor learning nor eloquence
nor anything else will prevail, but purity, living the life, in one
word anubhuti, realization. Let there be a dozen of lion-souls in each
country, lions who have broken their own bonds, who have touched the
Infinite, whose whole soul is gone to Brahma, who care neither for
wealth nor power nor fame, and these will be enough to shake the
27) Never mind the struggles, the mistakes. I never heard a cow tell a
lie, but it is only a cow— never a man. So never mind these failures,
these little backslidings; hold the ideal a thousand times, and if you
fail a thousand times, make the attempt once more.
28) Never think there is anything impossible for the soul. It is the
greatest heresy to think so. If there is sin, this is the only sin? to
say that you are weak, or others are weak.
29) No great work can be achieved by humbug. It is through love, a
passion for truth, and tremendous energy, that all undertakings are
30) No need for looking behind. FORWARD! We want infinite energy,
infinite zeal, infinite courage, and infinite patience, then only will
great things achieved.
31) Oh, if only you knew yourselves! You are souls; you are Gods. If
ever I feel like blaspheming, it is when I call you man.
32) Pay no attention whatsoever to newspaper nonsense or criticism. Be
sincere and do your duty. Everything will come all right. Truth must
33) Perfect sincerity, holiness, gigantic intellect, and
all-conquering will. Let only a handful of men work with these, and
the whole world will be revolutionized.
34) Persevere on, my brave lads, We have only just begun. Never
despond! Never say enough!
35) Purity, perseverance, and energy— these three I want.
36) Purity, patience and perseverance overcome all obstacles. All
great things must of necessity be slow.
37) Say, “I can do everything.” “Even if poison of a snake is
powerless if you can firmly deny it.”
38) Say, “This misery that I am suffering is of my own doing, and that
very thing proves that it will have to be undone by me alone.”
39) Take courage and work on. Patience and steady work— this is the only way.
40) Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life – think of it,
dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every
part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other
idea alone. This is the way to success, that is way great spiritual
giants are produced.
41) “The earth is enjoyed by heroes”— this is the unfailing truth. Be
a hero. Always say, “I have no fear”.
42) The remedy for weakness is not brooding over weakness, but
thinking of strength.
43) This is the great fact: strength is life, weakness is death.
Strength is felicity, life eternal, immortal; weakness is constant
strain and misery: weakness is death.
44) To succeed, you must have tremendous perseverance, tremendous
will. ‘I will drink the ocean’, says the persevering soul, ‘at my will
mountains will crumble up.’ Have that sort of energy, that sort of
will, work hard, and you will reach the goal.
45) To work with undaunted energy! What fear! Who is powerful enough
to thwart you.
46) Truth can be stated in a thousand different ways, yet each one can be true.
47) We are responsible for what we are, and whatever we wish ourselves
to be, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now has
been the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that
whatever we wish to be in future can be produced by our present
actions; so we have to know how to act.
48) We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you
think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.
49) We reap what we sow. We are the makers of our own fate. None else
has the blame, none has the praise.
50) Whatever you think, that you will be. If you think yourselves
weak, weak you will be; if you think yourselves strong, strong you
Ravinder Singh, National General Secretary.
Sabka Bharat Mission 2019
Y-77, Hauz Khas, New Delhi -110016
Ph: 9650421857, 9718280435