DELHI DAZZLED BY THE NORTH EAST FESTIVAL
3rd day of the festival a roaring success; Fragrances from the North East engulf the capital
- Cultural events, folk dance forms put on a spectacular show all through the day
- Delectable cuisines from the entire region a huge draw for visitors
- Music, dance, fashion, food, exhibition of art, photography, cartoon, film, discussions and much more at display in the 3rd day of the Festival
- A dazzling fashion show sees icons from the North East like Shiva Thapa, Rajani Basumatary, Mahadev Deka, Anshu Jensempa walk the ramp in stunning outfits from the region
- Musicians take centrestage in the evening with some amazing performances – Simanta Sekhar, Girish & The Chronicles, Late Too Soon, MSonic, Bollywood singer Ash King et al enthral crowds
New Delhi, 10th November, 2014: Itwas a Sunday like no other as Delhi turned up in huge numbers at the 3rdday of the ongoing North East Festival. The city came alive with the myriad hues of the North East at the festival which showcases the best of what the region has to offer. After a successful inaugural last year, the second edition of the North East Festival is being held in great style from 7th to 10th November 2014 at IGNCA, Janpath, New Delhi.
A dazzling fashion show with some of the most famous fashion designers of the North East like Dhiraj Deka, Garima Saikia Garg, Yana Ngoba, LD Roslyn Konshai along with other upcoming designers showcased their finest creations. Icons of the region like Shiva Thapa, Rajani Basumatary, Mahadev Deka and Anshu Jensempa rounded off the show by walking the ramp.
The evening saw the crowd go wild as the biggest names in music took centrestage in rocking style. Simanta Sekhar, Girish & The Chronicles, Late Too Soon, MSonic, Bollywood singer Ash King set the stage on fire with their performances.
This year’s edition of the festival will be focused on the various business and investment opportunities that the region presents, apart from showcasing the multifarious culture and rich heritage of the North Eastern states. There was a lively discussion session on ‘Integrating North-East India through Education’, where eminent speakers discussed on ways in which the education can be used as an important tool. Later in the day, there was a conversation around ‘Music and North East India’, in which some of the prominent voices in music from the North East like Guru Rewben Mashangva, Mayukh Hazarika, Simanta Sekhar, Girish Pradhan along with Bollywood singer Ash King spoke on the rich variety of music that North East has to offer and the efforts on bringing it to the mainstream.
Adding colour to the proceedings, artistes from various states of North East India along with Sangeet Natak Akademi presented a range of ethnic dances from the region. Sumptuous cuisines carrying fragrances of the North East were in abundance in the various food stalls along with exquisite handicrafts and ethnic handlooms from the region. Various music bands like from NER like Foot Wings, Stuti Choudhury, Minutes of Decay etc. performed all through the day much to the delight of the onlookers.
The “North East Festival”, has become a brand which is synonymous with the unification of the various stakeholders of North East under one dynamic platform. North East Festival is organised by the reputed socio-cultural trust, Trend MMS, in association with North East Community of Delhi, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India, Ministry of DoNER, Govt. of India and IGNCA.
- State kiosks wherein each state of North East India will highlight its resources and projects
- Agri & Food Processing Exhibition cum Sale – Organic Farming, Floriculture
- Exhibition cum sale of Handloom & handicrafts
- Tour Operators Meet
- Ethnic food festival – showcasing the best delectable cuisines from the entire region
- Photography exhibition showcasing the vibrant culture, tribes and important landmarks of the region
- Art Exhibition showcasing top artistes of North East both modern and traditional art forms
- Film Festival of North East to promote young upcoming flimmakers
- Traditional Sports of North East
- Fashion show displaying the rich ethnic fabric collections by top North East designers.
- Cultural programs in evening – musical performance by popular musicians from the North-East Region like Zubin Garg, Tetseo Sisters, Guru Rewben Mashangva, Imphal Talkies, Soulmate, Girish the Chronicle, Vinyl Records and Bollywood singer – Ash King
- Day time Carnival – Tribal dance from various tribes of North East, Musical performance by around 30 talented musical bands of the region
- Round-table discussions on issues of security of North Eastern people in Delhi, IT& ITES opportunities, Educaton, Sports, Agriculture Food Processing, Tourism,with participation from all major stakeholders of the region and the policymakers of the country